Thursday, October 6, 2011

Not a Losing Battle!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updating; it's been a busy time plus with the untimely malfunction of my lappy needing a repair that took at MONTH, I'm happy to be back here.

My birthday came and went, which was a fun time! I went out to the Yard House with Sandra the day before my bday. It was pretty good and got a free chocolate souffle for dessert! On my actual birthday my sister took me to Jazz on the Plaz in Los Gatos. It was definitely an older scene but very entertaining for people watching. Something like that could never exist in Santa Cruz because a drum circle would form somewhere! People brought tables, bottles of wine, cheese and meat plates and enjoyed the music. My sister bought a bottle of SkinnyGirl margarita, crackers, and Laughing Cow cheese. We sat on a blanket and surveyed the antics of others. Before we knew it, the bottle was practically empty! Soon my mom joined up with us and we went to Willow Street Cafe for dinner. Afterward we went to a few places and lots of drinking, dancing, and drive thru bargaining occurred :D

What I want to discuss here is how I did not reach my 40lbs goal by my bday, but I am awfully close to 30. Now I could beat myself up, drown myself in negative talk, and end up where I was a few months ago. However, I'm quite proud to be close to 30lbs lost and I know it's my fault for not reaching 40. BUT that doesn't mean I can't get to that goal ever!! The month of not having my lappy really sucked; I'm doing Weight Watchers ONLINE...a little rough to track without having my tracker accessible! The good news: I gained 1.5lbs in that time. How is that good news, you wonder? Well I could have gained much more without having a legit system of tracking my intake. I stuck to foods that I knew the Points values for so I knew I was in the ball park but not perfect. Also I learned that working out on a regular basis is necessary for my *mental* health. No longer is it a requirement for speeding up my weight loss but plays a huge role in my confidence and sanity!

So guess what my goal is....TRACKING!! It is the ultimate key to weight loss; to hit my Points goal while eating nutritious food, not calorie-dense items. I won't deny that I've been the reason I've plateaued but I can be the reason it changes! I'm determined to bust through this mental road block to obtain more success by pushing myself to track and even pre-track meals so I stick to plan instead of making choices on the fly.

On a separate note, my sister bought me not 1 but 2 pairs of jeans for my bday presents :) Never thought I'd see the day I'd want JEANS as a gift! 

Alright, here are some progress photos I've taken:

At the Angels & Demons Party August 5th

Helping my mom move, I took advantage of the full length mirror - August 11th

Full frontal in full length mirror - August 11th

New jeans booty shot! September-ish

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Romey said...

You look absolutely stunning! Great work girlfriend!