Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Restart

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well. It's been awhile since my last update and I have an announcement to make....

I joined Weight Watchers online! Besides Jennifer Hudson's amazing transformation, I follow another blog called Bitch Cakes: A Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watchers Experience and Fitness Adventures. I've been following this blog since I *last* followed WW and adored it from the start. Her entries regarding the emotional and mental aspects of weight loss are so relateable to my own struggles and inner demons. She doesn't hold back in her struggles, feelings, insights, and achievements. She's her best cheerleader, advocate, and #1 critic wrapped up in one. Also she has AMAZING style and is very active with her followers. She has met countless followers in the flesh, will possibly be in the Weight Watchers magazine, and charts her activity into spread sheets. She's incredible and if I ever get a chance to get to NYC again, I'd love to meet her.

So why did I join WW the online version? Well it started when I noticed I wasn't feeling right, not feeling comfortable, not confident even when hair and make up were done, and tired of not being noticed. Not that I want men to fall over looking at me but at least not avoid approaching me. I'd been talking about it for a couple weeks with my sister about how my eating felt out of line with my goal. Then last Friday April 8th I took a brave step and saw what I weighed.....and that was that. I went to work came home and signed up for WW online. Why online version and not the meetings? To be honest, I can't believe that I will find another leader like my last, Jenn. Jenn made meetings feel "safe" in the sense that the logical answer wasn't the only acceptable answer to situations. She had a way to take a "weight loss" issue and relate it to life over all. Remember this blog where I really let it out?  Jenn brought up this concept and I can remember it clear as day. I'm so thankful that our paths crossed and sad she will be out of the area. But I know she's always in Santa Cruz in spirit :)

I have really enjoyed the new PointsPlus program. Basically the plan is emphasizing real food and not processed food. I have felt pretty satisfied and have gotten creative with ground turkey. My favorite thing I have created is what I call a Spicy & Tangy Turkey Burger. Here's what it is:
- 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hamburger bun
- 4oz of  ground turkey, 97% fat free
- mixed greens
- balsamic vinegar 1/2 tsp
- Tapatio
- A 1 sauce
- Tomato slices
- garlic, small clove

Dice up garlic and add to turkey meat in a small bowl. Add as much Tapatio as you want to make your burger spicy and mix well. Roll turkey meat into a ball and pound it out to a burger. Place on George Forman and warm buns in above compartment (if you have that model). While it cooks, place mixed greens in a cup and add a dash of balsamic vinegar and toss gently. Slice up tomatoes and set aside. Remove bun from warmer, add Tapatio to top portion of bun and then A 1 sauce. Use a spoon to blend together. Put mixed greens on bottom portion of bun, add turkey patty, tomato slices, and bun top. It's sooo good and it's 9 points. I made this for dinner and was full the rest of the night :)

I'm off to bed after doing Cardio X training and Zumba tonight with Carlie. She has become my workout buddy and we motivate each other to get to the gym!

Good night all!

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Good to see that you have gotten back into working out... you know, all kidding aside, I think you would be my ideal client to help get fit. But since you have found people that you are comfortable with, I will be here to cheer you on and support you... only thing I would say is your curves are very nice and I thing they are part of your overall attractiveness... don't lose them..!

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

Oh Mark, I won't be losing them! They'll be in more control that's all :) Even when I was anorexic I still had a booty and C cups!